3/4 c Chopped Onion
3/4 c Shredded Carrots
3/4 c Diced Celery
1 t Dried Basil
1 t Dried Parsley Flakes
4 T Butter, Divided
4 c Peeled and Diced Potatoes
1/4 c All Purpose Flour
2 c or 16 oz. Velveeta Processed Cheese, Cubed
1 1/2 c Milk
3/4 t Salt
1/4 - 1/5 t Pepper
1/4 c Sour Cream
- Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, carrots, parsley
flakes, basil, and celery. Sauté until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes, and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat,
cover and simmer 10 - 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In small skillet melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. Cook
and stir for 3 - 5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to
a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until
cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.